As you know by now, I’m a summer girl through and through and have never really understood the hype of fall. Sure, the air is a little clearer but the days start getting noticeably shorter and colder until it’s winter and then we’re all frozen and turn into vampires who never see the sun. Maybe that’s a little dramatic… but so am I.
Regardless, I’ll try to look at the bright side and focus on the fact that a new season means new clothes and new fashion trends. Fall clothes have earthy, warm tones and more subtle patterns, like plaid and camo, that are fun to mix. I do LOVE fall colors and layering so maybe I like fall more than I let on.
Below is my fall fashion wish list:
- Colored Biker Jacket: I saw this jacket a couple weeks ago when it was still 90 degrees but haven’t been able to stop thinking about it. The color is incredible and I like the softness of the suede and the fur. Leather jackets have almost become a staple in a woman’s closet but black leather screams winter to me so a suede biker jacket in a softer color is a great choice for fall.
- Joggers: You heard it here first, joggers are going to be the next yoga pant. I’m dreading the day because I love my yoga, compression pants as much as the next basic girl but I think joggers are going to be the next big trend in athleisure. Might as well hop on the bandwagon for fall!
- Patterned Duster: I have a solid grey duster that has become a staple in my closet for the past several years but I’m loving the patterned ones. I tend to wear a lot of solid colors throughout the fall and winter so a patterned duster would be a great addition to break up my otherwise solid wardrobe.
- Snake Skin Booties: Did Taylor Swift start the snake skin trend? I think so but no matter where it came from, I’m here for it. Snake skin is a good intro for people who are scared of animal print and wearing it on a shoe is a lot less intimidating. Plus, look at those gorgeous earthly tones! Perfect addition to a fall wardrobe.
- Plaid Jumper: I’ve had my eye on jumpers for a while but haven’t found the perfect one yet. I love the retro vibes of a jumper and the fact that it’s a little more interesting than a dress or a skirt. This plaid one makes me want to throw on a beret and ride a bicycle through the streets of Paris while the leaves are changing, anyone else?